Kyocera had just introduced a significant upgrade to their multifunction printer lineup. Eleven new models have just hit the street and they offer a major upgrade to the past line from Kyocera.
Office Document Strategies Blog
Recently I had this discussion with one of our clients who was complaining that their colour MFP service rate was too high. Of course rates are not set arbitrarily, they are based upon the real operating costs of the device being used.
I just returned from the Kyocera Americas conference in Las Vegas and something really stood out for me when I was looking at all of the new Kyocera copiers (MFP) units on display. While the new line up of products is impressive in the end it is the long list of Apps which will be able to be used with them that is really most impressive.
Most businesses are interested in reducing their documents printing and doing so in an environmentally friendly way. There are tools available with multifunction printers and some network printers that can help in this effort. Here are 6 tips for more Eco focused printing.
With the growth of the number of combination colour mfp printers on the market and being deployed in businesses I think a lot of people are confused about what colour device fits what market.
Colour multifunction printers are a category of print device which continue to be popular with small business clients as well as some corporate users. Combining the monochrome capability of a traditional printer copier with the output of colour documents has built this class of device into a favourite, especially in offices with only one multifunction device.
- some have made removable hard drives available as options
- all major manufacturers offer some form of security option which will provide levels of encryption and file removal
- there are reformating options which are available through the service settings on machines which will overright the hard drive and return the device back to factory settings.
- at minimum we reformat drives at the end of a lease and return the multifunction copier back to factory specs.
- for some brands we can remove the hard drive from the device, connect it to a computer and use drive overwrite software to wipe the data more securely.
- for clients who have concerns about security during the active use of the device we will configure equipment with the encryption options available from our suppliers, Kyocera, Samsung and Ricoh.
- if clients are exceptionally concerned about the potential of data on hard drives then we will offer to the client the ability to "buy" the hard drives from the device and we will put new drives into the device before returning. The costs of this option will vary depending upon how the manufacturer has dealt with their hard drive design. In some instances the drives have proprietary boot formats and are only available from the vendor leading to a more costly replacement.
One of the questions I frequently get from clients when we talk about their colour printing needs is, "How much is this going to cost to run?" They have heard the horror stories about over spending when they introduce in house colour print capabilities, or they have experienced them in the past.